About the Brockport PTSA
The Brockport PTSA serves the Brockport, NY central school district. We are committed to providing parents, educators, students, and community members alike with the support, knowledge, and resources that will help our community succeed. The students of Brockport are our future, and it is our goal to ensure that every need is provided for to help them grow into responsible, contributing members of the community.
We are open to everyone's input and look forward to working together to make all things possible.
How can you contribute?
~ Come to a meeting: Each month we have PTSA meetings that anyone is welcome to attend. Most of our elementary building meetings are held at Ginther each month at 9:45am. OMS building meetings are held at OMS in Rm #321 at 2:15pm a little less frequently. We also have our General Meetings in the evening about every other to every third month. At these meetings we will have a speaker to educate us on issues such as food service, transportation, safety, etc. There will be time for quick news updates about PTSA, and a time for questions from the Brockport community.
~ Volunteer your time: We are always looking for volunteers to head up a chair position, whether on the Board or inside one of our schools. There are also plenty of volunteer opportunities throughout the school year that we need your help with, from at-home help to book fairs, book swaps, Box Tops, and more. We would love it if everyone could commit to 3 hours of volunteer time each school year which can be split up any way.
~ Advocacy: As parents, educators and community members of the Brockport School District it is our job to speak up for our students who may not have found their voice. It is our responsibility to ensure that they are well prepared for a future beyond high school.
~ Stay informed: There are many resources that can help parents stay informed about what is going on in our community, our state, and our nation. Head over to the Links page on this website to acquaint yourself with many already available resources.
Our Mission Statement
The overall purpose of PTA is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Our Vision Statement
Making every child's potential a reality by establishing New York Sate Congress of Parents and Teachers Inc. (NYS PTA) as the premier association for parent involvement and advocacy for all children.
* Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and associations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
* Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children's health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
* Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
* Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
* Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
* Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
* Every child deserves to have his/her basic needs met.
* Every child deserves an education designed to meet the child's needs.
* Public education is the appropriate forum to prepare children for participation in a democratic society.
* Every child deserves our continued commitment to advocacy.
* PTA will take the lead in parent involvement by training parents to be partners in education.
* PTA will take the lead in promoting the value of parent involvement with the community and educational partners.
* We are responsible for identifying, understanding, and meeting the needs of our diverse membership.
* Educators are an integral part of our association.
* Education and leadership training and self-evaluation are essential at all levels.
* Programs and materials should be provided to enhance parenting skills.
* Challenging oneself leads to growth.